|Sarah Warchhold||Title: Linguistic research in human-machine interaction|
Purpose: The aim is to bring together people in the field of human-machine interaction who are interested in linguistic issues. I am fairly new to the field (research associate from Freiburg, Germany) and would like to know if there are any other linguists at this conference.
|Mafalda Gamboa||Title: Child-Robot Interaction|
Purpose: We would like to put together a group of people interested in child-robot interaction, where we discuss methods in a COVID-19 scenario.
|Christina Schmidbauer||Title: Collaborative Robots|
Purpose: Exchange experiences about collaborative robotic arms and their fields of application.
Target group, who would be interested?
Birds of a Feather (BoF) is a kind of participant-generated meetings happening during a conference. It can be that you feel “I would like to meet the HAI participants from my part of the world!”, or “I wonder if there are people that want to meet and discuss a possible collaboration around my research area?”, or something else. It is you as a participant that suggests a topic, and then we host it as a part of the conference.
The steps are:
- You or someone else fill out the form below, before the start of the conference or during the first day. Of course, the only way to be sure someone suggests the BoF is to do it yourself!
- The organizing committee evaluates the suggestion, and if we approve it…
- …we announce it in the program and assign a dedicated Zoom room
- (You are most welcome to market the BoF via the conference Slack workspace)
- At the announced time and in the dedicated Zoom room you meet up. The participant who suggested the BoF is responsible for being host to the meeting.
Form for suggesting a Birds of a Feather meeting
Please suggest as soon as possible, at the latest on the first day of the conference.