We invite proposals for workshops and tutorials for the 11th ACM International Conference on Human-Agent Interaction (HAI 2023) to be held in Gothenburg, Sweden, from 4-7 December 2023. The workshop and tutorial sessions aim to provide an opportunity to discuss current and emerging topics on Human-Agent Interaction. The HAI conference seeks relevant proposals from a broad range of disciplines such as engineering, computer science, psychology, human-computer interaction, sociology, cognitive science, design, social sciences, humanities, ethics and philosophy, and business/marketing.
Topics of workshops/tutorials include, but are not limited to:
- studies of HAI with a quantitative/qualitative or a mixed-methods approach, across a wide variety of application areas, e.g., therapy and healthcare, education, public spaces, and retail.
- technological advances in HAI
- experimental methods for the evaluation of HAI
- “in the wild” field studies for the evaluation of HAI
- impact of embodiment
- character and avatar design
- agents in social networks
- agents in computer games
- affective computing
- art and technology
- design approaches
- innovative research methods
- long-term studies involving HAI
We welcome both full- and half-day workshops and tutorials that bridge the gap between theoretical advances and innovative applications of Human-Agent Interaction.
Please note: Tutorials are conceptually different from workshops. Tutorials are given by expert instructors, typically with established reputations, teaching people new to a topic. Workshops are meetings of experts exploring new knowledge.
Note: All deadlines are based on end of day (23:59) AoE time zone. Check your local time in AoE.
- Workshop/Tutorial Proposal Submission Deadline:
August 4, 2023August 10, 2023
- Acceptance Notification Date: August 24, 2023
- Camera-ready Deadline:
September 13, 2023September 20, 2023
- Workshop/Tutorial Day at the Conference: 4 December 2023